Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rules for Roboticists

I found this article on the MAKE magazine blog and fell in love with it. I have read it twice because I am a firm believer in all eleven rules. Have you ever read something that it seems like you could have written? That’s the way I feel about this article. It is an excerpt from the book Absolute Beginner's Guide to Building Robots (Que, 2004) by Gareth Branwyn.

My only hands on experience with robotics is with Mindstorms, but I have 12 years of mechanical engineering experience and 25 years of Lego Technic experience and it all melds together nicely with this article. I feel that these rules were naturally developed in my own practice with experience, so if you want to know how I think, read it.

Here is the link to the MAKE blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment