Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ann Arbor Maker Faire

I have always wanted to go to a Maker Faire.  There is finally one near me, up in Ann Arbor, Michigan on Saturday, June 5, 2010.  If you are not familiar with Maker Faire, consider it an expo for inventors, artists, creators, and anybody generally who "makes" stuff.  It seems that there really is no limit to the definition of "stuff" that gets displayed, which excites me.  It will be an opportunity to see same awesome stuff, and possibly some really bad stuff too, but that's the fun of it.

It was reported that last year's event was a huge success.  Last year's event drew about 1100 people, so I would expect more this year.  If you want to look at some of the pictures from last year, check out the Flickr pool.

Make Magazine has become very friendly toward the Lego community, and this would be an excellent place to introduce a certain anthropomorphic robot....hmmmm.  Anybody want to go with me???

No comments:

Post a Comment