Saturday, March 20, 2010

Big Problem

I am having a crisis. But it's a good one. As I build more on MARVIN, I keep getting ideas. Really good ideas. I mean really, really good ideas. They are good because they are relatively easy to accomplish, but my idea count is well over thirty and counting. Most of them are actions that I can make him do. The hardware is there, or will be there soon.


Every day I think of at least one new idea. I'm not even trying, but I see something happen during the day, or I see a cool robot video and say to myself "I bet I can make MARVIN do that." So I put a little thought into it and I am usually right. Some are very simple and would take just a few minutes to program; some are more elaborate and require some hardware and software improvement. But most of them can be done fairly easily.

I really wish that there was someone near me with programming experience and a several hours a week to work with me. I just don't have enough time to do it all. I am at the point where I might call the local high school and see if there is a computer club or someone to help.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great crisis to have!
    I have a very good NXT-G programming experience... I doubt it would help you but would enjoy spending a few hours programming something. But I have no experience in RobotC.

    I would love to hear about some ideas! I don't want to give you any for fear of impending brain explosions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this might be too complex but you said marvin was a prankster so give him a water pistol, i have an idea of how you can do this with pneumatics,
    ps watch this vid,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpgy6QzdZN8
    my uncle built that robot

    ReplyDelete
  3. (smiling at Sholto) You have been reading my notes, haven't you!!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, i follow this blog religiously, it always has new things wich ic fun

    ReplyDelete