Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lego Technic Eight-Legged Spider

Here is an eight-legged walker built out of the old Technic beams and parts.  I like it because the builder has done his homework.  The thing is small and light, the legs move in a lifelike motion, and best of all, it is powered by a single motor.  I wish he would have used a more powerful motor because I think it would walk better, but I respect him for using only the old Technic stuff.  I am going to bookmark this mechanism because I am going to reproduce it.  It's a great design and I have a thing for interesting linkages.

1 comment:

  1. The video is a bit dark, so some of the connections aren't quite clear. But it does look like a cool linkage, one I've not seen before. I might try to reproduce it as well.

    ReplyDelete