Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bliss

You guys know I love escapements and kinetic art. Another of my hobbies is woodworking. I have built dozens of projects which sit around my house gathering dust. Today I stumbled upon Clayton Boyer (quilty1987) on YouTube. He has pushed all my buttons with his masterpieces. This guy has built working wooden mechanical clocks with flair. If you can appreciate great kinetic art with lots of mechanical doodads and gizmos, check out all of his videos.

Here is a whole bunch of his clocks….


And here is an extremely detailed mechanical calendar....


Now if we could get BenVanDeWaal with his escapements together with superbird28 and his mechanical masterpieces and have them build something together, I think I could die with the knowledge that I have seen the best of the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment