Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Next Project is a Big One!

Well, the DominoBot is torn apart and I am thinking about my next project. I like big things, really big things, and I don’t mind spending months working on a project.

I haven’t posted in a few days because I have been thinking about tackling a project that I have wanted to do for a long, long time. Here are two videos that I have watched dozens of times.


Car Factory


Airplane Factory


These are great; they show lots of creativity and teamwork. It looks to me like an individual or small team constructed a station or cell and then all the cells are brought together to form one large construction.

I am going to give this a try. I think that both can be done with fewer processes and bricks, although I am truly impressed by the massive overbuilding of some components.

I am now trying to construct a vehicle that can be relatively easily mass produced. I am inventorying my wheels and other vehicle components. I don’t really want to purchase a bunch of parts that won’t be used in other projects, so I am trying to stick with what I have on hand.

Over the next few days, I will share some of the engineering choices I have made and why. I have put a lot of thought into this already, and I have some ideas that some of you may be interested in seeing.

By the way, this is a great team project and I am willing to work with others to expand!

No comments:

Post a Comment