Sunday, February 7, 2010

Industrial Automation

I am a big fan of automation as well as robotics. Industrial automation is interesting because it often incorporates many machines and robots. Think of a long automobile production line full of robots that are spot welding cars together. But it is not limited to an assembly line with tons of typical industrial robots.

Here is an interesting video from a company called EWAB Engineering. It is company that uses a special conveyor system to link many different manufacturing processes together. This video is at a Ford plant and it shows how cam shafts go from station to station to station all without human intervention. It is amazing how far these parts go and how many stations each goes into. The parts look like lemmings.

2 comments:

  1. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. Sentiment Analysis

    ReplyDelete